[Foundation-l] Wikicooks

John Pozniak gentgeen at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 02:08:21 UTC 2005

Cormac, you might want to look at:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook

Ciao, and happy cooking,

John Pozniak (aka Gentgeen)

----

Cormac wrote:

Here's pitching an idea that I think would have to
work..

It's Wikicooks (or something like that). In other
words, a repository
of recipes in the wiki-way, ie. collated from all
around the world and
available in a multitude of languages. As far as I
know, there's no
really good repository of recipes online - I was
looking the other
day, and found some okay resources but nothing that we
couldn't do
better ourselves. And of course, it'd be free and
open-content..

So, opinions? My only other question then is where
this should be
created/hosted - in Wikibooks, Wikicities or a new
wiki of its own?

Cheers,

Cormac

PS - I had this idea ages ago and before I heard about
the Danish Open
source beer - but wouldn't we be able to take up that
idea?
Wikipedia's tasty range of pasta sauces? Or is that
just cheesy?