[Foundation-l] An other attempt for Announce-l; central info about wikimedia tech status and info

Cormac Lawler cormaggio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 17:28:35 UTC 2005

On 8/17/05, Walter Vermeir . <walter at wikipedia.be> wrote:
> Crosspost to: foundation-l, wikitech-l
>
> At the end of 2002 on my request the mailing list Announce-l was created.

Hi,
For what it's worth, a few months ago, partly at my instigation, we
set up the foundation-news-l list, which was originally to announce
the publication of the Quarto - possibly with a pared down version of
its content in a html email, but this idea was booed quite loudly off
the wikipedia-l list. However, we haven't yet got around to doing
anything about it or defining it specifically, other than labelling it
"news from the wikimedia foundation". See: