[Foundation-l] Wikimania 2006 - host city contest to open on September 1st 2005

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 00:43:04 UTC 2005

Hi there,

since Wikimania 2006 is already the talk of the town, I guess we
really need to start and go ahead with planning.

Here is the agenda for the next steps.

In the light of what we have learned/experienced at Wikimania 2005, we
have set up a pre-requirement page at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2006/Planning . Please only
add "real requirements" to that list, and keep all comments to the
talk page. Do not get "too" specific either, for details can be better
worked out in the long run.

This page will evolve to list the requirements for next year's event.
We will "freeze it" ie. make it an official requirement list on
September 1st, date at which we are opening the "city contest" to host
Wikimania next year.

The city contest will go on for a month and a half, and a shortlist of
three cities will be decided upon on October 15th. From then,
Shortlisted cities will have to answer the board/organisation
committee's specific questions within 2 weeks. Official selection for
the "winning" city will happen on November 1st 2005.

Please feel free to forward/translate this mail to other lists so as
to ensure broad participation of Wikimedia communities.

And do not hesitate to ask questions.

Best,

Delphine
--