[Foundation-l] A question to all board candidates...

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat May 29 11:52:12 UTC 2004

I propose a real-life case to all Foundation Board
candidates. I expect that all candidates are on this
mailing list naturally.

--------

Say, you are on the board of Wikimedia Foundation.

A user from a rather minor wikipedia contact the
foundation mailing list, to ask for help on setting a
local association. This user is currently working on
the status of the future association with her peers,
and naturally should set status that are in coherence
with the Foundation principles themselves.

Now, it so happens that when you were a candidate a
while ago, and while candidating, you indicated as
PART of your platform, that indeed helping smaller
wikipedias were an issue to you, and that you would
HELP set local chapters.

Indeed, the user of the minor wikipedia is VERY
encouraged by the fact you put local chapter
considerations in your plateform, so that she knows it
is IMPORTANT to you, so of course, she is confident
you will answer and bring help.

So, here she is, bringing the issue on the mailing
list, and asking help...

------

Question : what do you do ?