[Foundation-l] Re:Wikimedia Communs

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Fri May 28 19:18:00 UTC 2004

Andre-
> Perhaps. I'd say it's worth the try. And I don't think that waiting until
> we have all that will make the enthousiasm any larger. At least when we
> put it up, _something_ will be made.

Something will be made, yes, but that something may be difficult to build
upon - in terms of content, functionality, structure, policies - and grow
into something tremendously more useful. That is the crux of my argument.

If you can convince the others (vote, consensus etc.) that we should set
up a blank wiki now and add all the other functionality later, regardless
of all the problems that may ensue, then I will follow along, but my
position remains that we should properly plan and develop a basic set of
features before publicly launching this project with great fanfare, to
make sure that we have a solid foundation to build on, and that we get the
greatest possible interest in the important early stage of content
development.

Regards,

Erik