[Foundation-l] Registering Wikimedia trademarks

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Mon May 3 18:05:01 UTC 2004

Peter Jaros wrote:

>Then (realizing YANAL) is there any risk in waiting until someone truly
>pushes the issue to register?

I don't believe that waiting weakens our claim, so long as it's true in fact
that the name "Wikipedia" is associated with us and that we defend this.
I mean that we would have to prove these facts regardless of whether we wait.

OTOH, waiting to register until the issue comes up will delay the process.
That's why I agree that we should get all of the relevant information now,
so that we can decide what to do and how best to proceed.

-- Toby