_[Foundation-l]_Wikimedia_board_of_trustees_/_La_fondation_Wikimédia

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 22:46:46 UTC 2004

> I've already expressed congratulations privately to
> Florence and Angela but
> would like to add public congratulations as well. I
> would also like to thank
> everyone who voted for me.

:-)

Well, thanks to all the candidates who expressed
congratulations. As I already said yesterday, I hope
we can all work together to make the Foundation truely
real.

> > The full election results absolutely should be
> published. Everything else
> > would be a travesty.

<> I agree but I would not like to see this happen too
> quickly if there are
> objections from any candidate. So far, however, I
> count three candidates who
> want the figures published and none so far who
> don't. Let's see what the others
> have to say.
>
> -- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)

I have been thinking about that very carefully today,
to check if what I was thinking a little while ago was
really a good opinion or not a good opinion.

I also read one morning, the discussion which occurred
on irc on the topic. I tried to weight all arguments.

And after careful consideration, I think the results
should be released entirely (but for the smallest
wikipedias, as it would remove anonymisation of the
vote when only 1 to 5 people voted).

If only for one reason : transparency. We should not
build the Foundation upon bricks of secret.