[Foundation-l] Wiki Translations of Greek/Roman/XYZ classics

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Dec 21 09:00:26 UTC 2004

Robin Shannon wrote:

>I would also suggest that until such a time as there is obvious
>disagreements between those who are translating literaly, and those
>who arent, there should only be one version (since it will make it
>easier to write a literal, or poetic or whatever translation, if you
>already have a rough translation to start with.)
>
>I also think that this would be another place where my suggestion of a
>reference tab (to go with the main article and talk tabs) for
>foot/endnote would be of great use.

While I can appreciate the occasional need for several translation
versions, I don"t think that it is a realistic prospect in the near
future.  Before there is a second translation of a work there needs to
be a first one.  We can probably put that discussion on the shelf until
the circumstances present themselves.

Ec