[Foundation-l] imagewiki (or whatever name)

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sat Apr 24 20:32:58 UTC 2004

Andre-
> Once more I would like to ask whether someone would be willing to
> actually start a Wikimedia project for the collection of images and
> possibly other media files that can be used in Wikipedia and similar
> projects.

I haven't forgotten about my Wikimedia Commons proposal. Jimbo promised me
a reply (he was generally positive about the idea) which I am still
waiting for. As soon as the project is approved we can set up a blank wiki
at commons.wikimedia.org as a starting point. I do anticipate that some
non-minor changes to the software will be required to make this really
fly.

In the meantime, I've been working on an upload form mock-up, which I will
soon post to wikitech-l & meta.

Regards,

Erik