[Engineering] Gerrit now automatically adds reviewers

Tyler Cipriani tcipriani at wikimedia.org
Fri Jan 18 14:11:54 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Gerrit no longer automatically adds reviewers[0]. Unfortunately, this
plugin appears (given the replies on this thread) to be missing key
features needed to be useful for us at this time. Apologies to those
folks whose inboxes were destroyed.

I would like to re-enable this plugin at some point, provided the
features identified in this thread are added (perhaps also an
filtering these messages easier).

In the interim, project-owners are able to opt-in to using the
reviewers-by-blame plugin on a per-project basis on their project admin
page in Gerrit.

Also, the Git Reviewer Bot[1] provides folks an opt-in method of
volunteering to review a subset of files in a particular repo.

Getting code review as a new contributor is hard. Thanks for bearing
with us.

-- Tyler

[0]. <https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/All-Projects/+/485184/>
[1]. <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git/Reviewers>