[Engineering] [Wikitech-l] [Wikitech-ambassadors] Translations on hold until further notice

Benoît Evellin (Trizek) bevellin at wikimedia.org
Fri Sep 28 12:51:14 UTC 2018

‪On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 7:24 PM ‫יגאל חיטרון‬‎ <khitron at gmail.com> wrote:‬

> Hi. If so, I think that the next issue of the Tech news should recommend
> to fix the existing translations locally, instead of translatewiki.com.
> Igal (User:IKhitron)

In my opinion I don't think that's a good idea, especially if the new
translation would benefit all wikis. Wait for the translation system to be
back on track is the wisest decision to take. That would avoid to update
the central repository after all, or, more realistically, forget to update
the central repository (I had a couple of cases like that recently).

> On Thu, Sep 27, 2018, 14:31 Bartosz Dziewoński <matma.rex at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> As I understand, nothing terrible will happen if you add new messages to
>> en.json. But new translations will not be added, so any new interfaces
>> will be in English for everyone, which is a poor experience.
>>
>> --
>> Bartosz Dziewoński

Benoît Evellin (Trizek)
Community Liaison