[Engineering] Analytics Hadoop Cloudera upgrade scheduled for Nov 12th (Monday) at 14:00 CEST

Luca Toscano ltoscano at wikimedia.org
Thu Nov 8 09:51:06 UTC 2018

Hi everybody,

the Analytics team will shutdown completely the Hadoop cluster for a couple
of hours on Monday Nov 12th at 14:00 CEST to upgrade the Cloudera
distribution to 5.15 (currently 5.10). No big updates but only a collection
of small/medium fixes that (hopefully) will improve the reliability of our
cluster. For more info, please check
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T204759.

This means that tools like HDFS, Hive, Oozie, etc.. will not be available
during the maintenance window, so if this impacts your work please reach
out to us so we can chat about it and possibly re-schedule if needed (in
the task or #wikimedia-analytics on Freenode IRC).

Thanks a lot for the patience, we are trying to do our best to keep all our
systems as up to date as possible :)

Luca (on behalf of the Analytics team)