[Engineering] Clarification Re: [nominations needed] Wikimedia Technical Conference

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Fri Jun 8 04:28:32 UTC 2018

Hello,

The Wikimedia Technical Conference Program Committee wanted to send a
clarifying note regarding the nomination process.

Initially we said that relevant budget owners will be invited directly
by us and thus *do not need to be explicitly nominated*. This is still
half true.

We will be directly inviting many budget owners BUT please do nominate
those budget owners that you believe should be in attendance (including
yourself, if applicable). Do this even if you believe we will already
select them. There's no harm in nominating someone.

I have updated the FAQ accordingly[0].

Please post any questions on the talk page[1].

Thanks,

Greg

[0] https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimedia_Technical_Conference%2F2018%2FFAQ&type=revision&diff=2801232&oldid=2801090
[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Technical_Conference/2018

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| Release Team Manager            A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |