[Engineering] [Ops] MW Train status: Incomplete rollout, blocked on two issues

C. Scott Ananian cananian at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 23 21:29:11 UTC 2018

FWIW, I think the Babel bug was waiting for several days for review from
Niklas, the extension owner, who wasn't at wikimania.  But the folks who
ended up taking action and doing the revert we're at wikimania -- I think
it's a general matter of lack of communication during wikimania, with folks
distracted and assuming someone else is responsible, rather than a specific
"X person is at location Y". Wikimania just disrupts normal communications
and work patterns.
  --scott

(To be clear, I'm not trying to pass blame, I'm just pointing out that the
disruption is not as simple of who is where or whether "enough" people are
at home.)