[Engineering] Archiva moves to a new host and gets upgraded to 2.2.3

Luca Toscano ltoscano at wikimedia.org
Tue Aug 28 13:47:48 UTC 2018

Hi everybody,

if you are not a Archiva user (https://archiva.wikimedia.org/) you can stop
reading this email. Tomorrow morning EU time I am going to move
archiva.wikimedia.org to a new host, as explained in details in T192639.
Important changes:
- Archiva gets upgraded to the latest upstream version, 2.2.3 (4yrs of
upstream development from 2.0.0, the current one)
- The archiva-deploy user will not be active anymore, and people belonging
to the (new) archiva-deployers LDAP group will be able to log in with their
(LDAP) credentials and get the same permissions in archiva (for example to
upload jars, etc..).
- The admin user (used by the SRE team) will not be needed anymore since
anybody belonging to the 'ops' LDAP group will be able to log in and have
the same permissions.

I already added some people to archiva-deployers (all the ones that I knew
had worked in the past on it), but if you want to be sure to be on it
please ping me on IRC or comment on T192639.

Luca