[Engineering] [Ops] Changes to SWAT deployment policies, effective Monday April 30th

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Fri Apr 27 22:04:25 UTC 2018

<quote name="Gergo Tisza" date="2018-04-27" time="21:00:35 +0200">
> ie. if the new policy was introduced at the start of the year, it would
> have caused at least a two-week delay in all three SWAT windows at one
> point at least, and it would have caused an ever-growing backlog of patches
> for EU mid-day.

2 week delays aren't possible as all SWATs are backports of master, so
if waiting a week it'd go out with the normal train ;)

But point taken and thanks for the data.

I'm comfortable with a 6 patch "limit". I put limit in scare quotes
because I assume you all know that high priority changes can go out when
they need to go out. The limit is to reduce SWAT deploy stress for what
is possible in a 1 hour window and not try to squeeze things in and
reduce the clarity when watching logs.

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| Release Team Manager            A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |