[Engineering] [Ops] Changes to SWAT deployment policies, effective Monday April 30th

Stas Malyshev smalyshev at wikimedia.org
Fri Apr 27 17:49:28 UTC 2018

Hi!

> First, we now disallow multi-sync patch deployments. See T187761[0].
> This means that the sync order of files is determined by git commit
> parent relationships (or Gerrit's "depends-on"). This is to prevent SWAT
> deployers from accidentally syncing two patches in the wrong order.

Question about this: if there's a patch that requires files to land in
specific order, e.g. one that part of the config is moved into another
file (example: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/419367) is this handled
automatically by scap (i.e. all changes in the same patch land at the
same time atomically and scap takes care of nothing ever seeing the
intermediate states) or has to be managed manually, and if so, how?

Thanks,
--
Stas Malyshev
smalyshev at wikimedia.org