[Engineering] [Wikitech-l] Dev Summit submission reminder

Rachel Farrand rfarrand at wikimedia.org
Wed Sep 27 14:29:50 UTC 2017

Hello everyone!

A quick reminder that there are only a few days left to submit a position
statement for the Developer Summit.
The final deadline is Friday this week - I will close the form sometime
over the weekend after it is no longer Friday in any time-zone.

If you are questioning whether to apply please send me and or Victoria an
email and we can help, but if you are interested in the topic it is
probably a safe to be bold to submit a quick position statement.

Rachel

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 6:05 PM, Victoria Coleman <vcoleman at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Dear Dev Community,
>

> This is a reminder that the call for participation in the Developer Summit
> is ongoing, and and that the deadline for submitting position papers is
> coming up on September 29th.
>
> The topic this year is a reflection about the movement strategy and how
> our technology can support this vision in the long term. Such strategic
> discussions should take into consideration voices and perspectives we might
> not regularly hear from, but that carry significant value to our movement
> and our vision.
>
> We would like to take the opportunity and specifically encourage people
> from diverse backgrounds to apply. We would like to hear from you.
>
> Please take a look at the thematic overview of the Developer Summit <
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Developer_
> Summit/2018#Thematic_Overview>, and submit your position papers by
> September 29th, 2017.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Victoria (on behalf of the Dev Summit Program Committee)

Rachel Farrand
Events Program Manager
Technical Collaboration Team
Wikimedia Foundation