[Engineering] Community building through in person events / Rock-Star event organizers?

Rachel Farrand rfarrand at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 19 17:53:37 UTC 2017

Hi WMF,

If you have ever been to an event that you believe did a great job of
engaging its participants either before and / or after the event and
building community that lasted beyond the event I would love to hear about
it.

I am doing a research project on this topic and in the phase of putting
together a list of event organizers to interview.

Bonus points if this was a technical event or an open community and even
more bonus points if you have the name and contact of the organizer.
Also I am specifically looking for events that try new ideas and / or have
significantly changed for the better over time, but any event that brings
an online community into a physical space will be great.

Thanks in advance!

*Background: *
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T176853
https://github.com/rfarrand/Pre-and-Post-Event-Engagement