[Engineering] Fwd: Wikimedia Hackathon 2018: Barcelona!

Rachel Farrand rfarrand at wikimedia.org
Wed Jun 14 21:02:54 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rachel Farrand <rfarrand at wikimedia.org>
Date: Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 2:02 PM
Subject: Wikimedia Hackathon 2018: Barcelona!
To: Wikimedia developers <wikitech-l at lists.wikimedia.org>,
chapters at wikimedia.ch

The 2018 Wikimedia Hackathon Committee
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Hackathons/Proposing_a_hackathon#Hackathon_location_decision_process_for_2018>
 and the WMF Developer Relations team are very pleased to announce that
Barcelona, Spain has been chosen for the location of the 2018 Wikimedia
Hackathon. The unconfirmed but likely dates for the hackathon are 18-20
May, 2018.

Amical Wikimedia and the WMF Technical Collaboration team will be
partnering to organize and run the hackathon.

For now, you can find more details here:
*https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T162836
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T162836>*

Eventually we will update the mediawiki page with more event information:
*https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2018
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2018>*

To follow planning progress over the next year you can follow this project
on Phabricator Wikimedia Hackathon 2018 Organization
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/board/2786/>

For information on the decision process that was followed please check
here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Hackathons/2018_Decision_Process

If you have any questions about or suggestions for changes in the decision
process please either email me or comment here
*https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T157632
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T157632>*.

Hope to see many of you in Montreal and again in Barcelona!

--
Rachel Farrand
Events Program Manager

--