[Engineering] [Ops] Change to version number incrementing for weekly Wikimedia MediaWiki deploys

Chad Horohoe chorohoe at wikimedia.org
Tue Jul 11 20:41:49 UTC 2017

I think a branch that's never deployed is likely to confuse people more,
SWAT
immediately comes to mind (which branches do I port to?)

And while it's fixable, it would mean a non-checked-out branch wouldn't get
automatically cleaned up during our weekly pruning.

All in all: I like this move. It makes "how old is a branch" math much
easier.

-Chad