[Engineering] GitHub mention spam

Matthew Flaschen mflaschen at wikimedia.org
Thu Feb 2 02:19:12 UTC 2017

On 02/01/2017 03:17 PM, Jaime Crespo wrote:
> I forgot to mention that I opened a support ticket (just an "abuse/spam"
> report link) yesterday, at pure individual level. They went back to me
> saying "they were aware of it and where working on it".
>
> I am commenting this so we do not duplicate the reports.

Thanks, I emailed support before seeing your email.  I asked them to
look at ways to make @-mentions less abusable (at least via an option).
They responded favorably and said they would forward it to the relevant
team for consideration.

(I also separately filed a abuse/spam report against two repos and a
user; although the particular abusive issues were deleted earlier, the
user and repos themselves seem intended for abuse).

Matt