[Engineering] [scap] Scap3-deployed repo owners

Tyler Cipriani tcipriani at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 13 16:38:52 UTC 2017

Hiya!

tl;dr: if your repo has a patch from me[0], please merge it :)

The longer explanation for these patches is that the deployment server
from which your code is fetched by targets is set via the git_server
configuration variable. This variable will be updated in Puppet when the
primary deployment server changes; however, updating it in every repo
would be time consuming. Yesterday, I made a bunch of patches to remove
this configuration variable from any repo where it is set. By removing
this configuration variable from individual repos, all repos will
respect the global value for git_server that is set in Puppet meaning
that repo owners shouldn't have to worry about making updates when a
deployment server is changed.

If you have any questions let me know via email or IRC in
#wikimedia-releng.

Thank you for your help!

-- Tyler

[0].  <https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/q/topic:T162814+status:open>