[Engineering] [Breaking Change] Scap change for deployers now live!

Aaron Schulz aschulz at wikimedia.org
Thu May 26 19:36:05 UTC 2016

FYI, I just noticed I had to update my autocomplete scripts (for the
directory after 'sync-(file|dir)'). Now I use:

# make path completion of sync-file & sync-dir relative to /srv/mediawiki/
_sync-file()
{
        local curw=${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]}
        COMPREPLY=($(compgen -f -- /srv/mediawiki/"$curw"))
        local i=${#COMPREPLY[*]}
        while [ $((--i)) -ge 0 ]; do
                COMPREPLY[$i]=${COMPREPLY[$i]#/srv/mediawiki/}
        done
        return 0
}
complete -o nospace -F _sync-file scap sync-file
complete -o nospace -F _sync-file scap sync-dir
complete -o nospace -F _sync-file scap configchange

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Tyler Cipriani <tcipriani at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> tl;dr starting today:
>
> Use:
>       scap sync 'message for posterity'
> instead of:
>       scap 'message for posterity'
>
> Scap 3.2.0-1 is now alive and well in production which means scap
> subcommands are live.
>
> All subcommands are documented[0]. Additional documentation can be
> seen by running `scap --help` (or `scap [subcommand] --help`). If you
> have any questions feel free to ask them on-list or in IRC on #scap3
> or #wikimedia-releng.
>
> Thanks!
> Tyler Cipriani and the Deployment Working Group
>
> [0]. Mediawiki:
> https://doc.wikimedia.org/mw-tools-scap/scap2/commands.html Scap3:
> https://doc.wikimedia.org/mw-tools-scap/scap3/deploy_commands.html

-Aaron S