[Engineering] Fwd: Tech Talk: New Readership Data: March 18th

Rachel Farrand rfarrand at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 15 05:05:31 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rachel Farrand <rfarrand at wikimedia.org>
Date: Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 10:05 PM
Subject: Tech Talk: New Readership Data: March 18th
To: Wikimedia developers <wikitech-l at lists.wikimedia.org>

Please join for the following tech talk:

*Tech Talk**:* New readership data: Some things we've been learning
recently about how Wikipedia is read
*Presenter:* Tilman Bayer
*Date:* March 18th, 2016
*Time: *18:00 UTC
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Tech+Talk%3A+New+readership+data%3A+Some+things+we%27ve+been+learning+recently+about+how+Wikipedia+is+read&iso=20160318T18&p1=1440&ah=1>
Link to live YouTube stream <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo4XIzCJZVs>
*IRC channel for questions/discussion:* #wikimedia-office

of data on how readers read Wikipedia, going beyond the familiar pageview
numbers (that tell us which topics are popular and how overall traffic is
developing, but not e.g. which parts of articles are being read). While we
are still only beginning to understand some of these aspects, we now know
more than a year or two ago. The presentation is centered around data
analysis done by the Reading team, but will also include findings by other
WMF teams and by external researchers.