[Engineering] Balsamiq or Axure license

Nick Wilson (Quiddity) nwilson at wikimedia.org
Thu Feb 25 20:47:00 UTC 2016

We do not have a site license. I talked to OIT about this in Nov 2014, and
neither they nor Design dept could find any evidence that we did have any.
(Jared, Brandon, and Steven, had individually purchased licenses).

Your options are:
* Follow the instructions I put on officewiki, for requesting a non-profit
license. (I hadn't tried it, but have been meaning to, and wrote those
notes-to-self. It sounds like you tried it, and it hasn't been working. :< )
* Write to OIT, and ask them to purchase a license for you. That was their
advice.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Trevor Parscal <tparscal at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> I know we used to have licenses, and I believe that IT manages them. Maybe
> request it from techsupport at wikimedia.org
>

> On Thursday, February 25, 2016, Deborah Tankersley <
> dtankersley at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
>> Yup, I know that page well! I've sent an email to Balsamiq asking if I
>> can get a free license as a non-profit, but I haven't heard back yet. :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Deb
>>

>> --
>> Deb Tankersley
>> Product Manager, Discovery
>> Wikimedia Foundation
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Jan Drewniak <jdrewniak at wikimedia.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Deb,
>>>
>>> There is a page on office wiki with some links to some of the tools we
>>> use.
>>>
>>> https://office.wikimedia.org/wiki/Browser_testing_and_design_tools
>>>
>>> Balsamiq is on there, but I'm not sure about the login details for it.

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
Community Liaison
Wikimedia Foundation