[Engineering] [Ops] [*IMPORTANT*] DO NOT deploy until Feb 3rd

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Tue Feb 2 23:20:29 UTC 2016

<quote name="Antoine Musso" date="2016-02-02" time="15:15:31 +0100">
> Le 02/02/2016 12:23, Giuseppe Lavagetto a écrit :
> > Something happened this morning that left mira's mediawiki-staging
> > in
> > a bad shape, and deploying from it would crash the appservers.
>
> I will most certainly cancel today MediaWiki train as well as the
> SWAT.
>
> The ticket is https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T125506

tldr: Fire is out, proceeding with caution.

Please DO NOT deploy anything else today unless it's in service of a
site outage.

Per the above we canceled deploys today including the train (of wmf.12).
The plan as of now is to resume the train tomorrow and follow this
slightly abbreviated schedule:
* Feb 3rd: group0 and group1 (with sanity checking time between)
* Feb 4th: group1, as scheduled

This will keep us on schedule and does not change anything regarding
SessionManager in wmf.13, that plan[0] is still in place.

We have a tracking ticket for any blockers for wmf.12 and wmf.13 here:
wmf.12: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T125475
wmf.13: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T125596

A slightly longer and more detailed post-mortem with actionables will
follow tomorrow once everyone's had a chance to sleep a bit.

Love,

Release Engineering

[0] https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2016-February/084669.html

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |