[Engineering] about the CVN Database...

Joe Matazzoni jmatazzoni at wikimedia.org
Tue Apr 19 23:33:06 UTC 2016

Hi Timo,
When we spoke about anti-vandalism, you mentioned the CVN database.  I know it’s a shared database among patrollers and that RTRC incorporates it, but can’t find any information about it. I had some questions:
Is there a doc someplace that documents it?
Is it a feed? How do tools consult it?
How international is it? Do patrollers around the world contribute to it?
How widely used is it by tools besides RTRC?
Is it essentially a type of gray- or blacklist? Or are there other types of info in it?
Also, you suggested we get in touch with the Small Wiki Monitoring Team, for their perspective. Do you happen to have a contact you could give me that would be a good source?

We’re still working on this project and I think you’ll be interested in where we’re heading. I’m lpoking forward to updating you when it comes together a bit more.

Thanks!
Joe

Joe Matazzoni
Product Manager, Collaboration