[Commons-l] Royal Society archives online until December

David Monniaux David.Monniaux at free.fr
Mon Sep 25 10:14:44 UTC 2006

David Gerard wrote:

>And the UK law implementing this is ...

UK law is a confusing mess, I'll let our British friends search for it.

In France it is title IV of the Code of intellectual property, inserted
by law 98-536 taken in application of directive 96/9/CE of March 11, 1996:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:31996L0009:EN:HTML

>David Monniaux says the Foundation should:

The Foundation, by itself, should do nothing. Individual users uploading
material take their responsibilities. The Foundation only provides hosting.

-- DM