[Commons-l] www.wikitheque.fr (.org, .com)

Florian Straub flominator at gmx.net
Sun Oct 22 08:07:57 UTC 2006

"David Monniaux" <David.Monniaux at free.fr> wrote on  Friday, October 20, 2006
7:55 PM

> peter green wrote:
>
>>>Examples of tasks include: I'm looking for a photograph of an animal,
>>>where do I look? I only know the French common name of that species,
>>>what do I do?
>>>

>>i'd say the best bet for that right now would be to go to the french
>>wikipedia and find the scientific name (and possiblly even a link to
>>commons) from there.
>>
> Yes, this is exactly the method we explain on www.wikitheque.fr. It may
> sound obvious to us, but external users can't be expected to guess it.
> This is why we give those task-oriented recipes...

Maybe you could use one of the tools hosted on the commons-server, that
collects interwiki-links starting from one article at fr.wp to automatically
find the right page/category on commons ....

Another idea would be a small tool that just fetches the english
interwiki-link and searches commons for matches.

Regards,

Flo