[Commons-l] Swedish Wikipedia disabling uploads

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 14:27:45 UTC 2006

> On 11/19/06, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think if I brush up a bit on my bork bork a bit we'll be fine:
> > http://sv.wiktionary.org/wiki/Special:Log
> >
> > :)
>
> Swedish copyright law is a little odd though. There was a chanage in
> what the early 90s I think but before that it was very very liberal.

It might as well be the "Pirate Party"'s personal Wiki: With no more
than about 10 uploads per day we'd never probably notice the increase.

I'm generally agains forcing newbie uploads on Wikis with vibrant and
active communities to upload on commons where we are less able to help
them, but in cases of smaller and low activity Wikis we are possibly
more able to deal with the situation.