[Commons-l] Principles of organisation - who do we serve?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 22:12:14 UTC 2006

> You want experenced and active admins. Something everyone is short of
> to do non admin maintenance tasks includeing adding welcome templates?
> This does not seem to be a reasonable use of rescourses.

Call it "admin and patrolling" - a lot of tagging work can be done by
non-admins.

> > I'm sorry to say, but such claim doesn't give a very good picture of your
> > knowledge of Commons. The admin process in Commons is the laxest one I
> > know. 200 edits! I didn't know that much when I applied for adminship. I
> > hadn't done much maintenance work. And I was elected.

> I know other porjects with more relaxed standards. We are not however
> looking at candidates with nor previous background
> You need people who can speak spanish. You need admins with image
> experence who can speak spanish. The only place you can get them
> quickly is from the spanish wikipedia. Rather than haveing them make
> 200 edits which are less critial it would be mnore effective to
> provide links to crash courses in commons adminship policy and then
> basicaly rubber stamp their aplications.

If we can find good admin candidates for commons that people can vouch
for, that'd be great. But a mere call for admins in the first instance
would be the first thing to do, on the es: equivalent of [[WP:AN]] on
en:.

- d.