[Commons-l] Book Reference Commission

Andrey Fedorov fedorov at rutgers.edu
Thu May 11 06:13:20 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if this has been brought up already, but is there any
specific reason wikipedia doesn't use book references as a source of income?
Personally, and for many others I'm sure, this would make wikipedia a lot
more convenient, as a lot of times I'm looking up the same books I buy on
Amazon as topics I'm looking up on wikipedia. For example, I recently bought
Proofs From The Book, referenced here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schroeder-Bernstein_theorem

Had there been a direct link, I would have saved myself about 10 seconds of
opening an Amazon tab and searching for the book, and made Wikipedia a buck
or two.

It would also make good sense for there to be a strong correlation between
repeat customers on Amazon and frequent visitors on wikipedia (I know I am
both...).

Cheers,
Andrey