[Commons-l] Use of articles (was:Radical proposal)

jkelly at fas.harvard.edu jkelly at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 13 17:44:22 UTC 2006

  Hi,

Quoting Oldak Quill <oldakquill at gmail.com>:
> I concur. I only use categories, not sure why anyone uses articles.

  Articles are useful for sorting images within a category.  One can place of
all of a particular painter's paintings of trees into one gallery, for
instance, or sort portraits chronologically.  When we have hundreds of images
in one category, articles can be used to highlight the best ones.  Further, our
search feature priveleges articles.  They have some uses; we just shouldn't be
trying to make article space replace category space or vice versa.

                                    Jkelly