[Commons-l] Cookie based blocking and bug #3233. A quick hack implimented on commons.

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 14:21:22 UTC 2006

On 12/11/06, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> If this could be changed to create permanent (or timed) uploading-only
> blocks, Commons would start using this straight away, I feel certain.

I've added support for an upload only block.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Monobook.js&curid=22338&diff=3760793&oldid=3760442

If you test it out, you might have to shift-reload to get the new-site
wide js file before this works for you.  The changes to your personal
monobook.js take effect quickly, but the site wide seems to be more
aggressively cached.