[Commons-l] Rethinking [[COM:DEL]]

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 16:28:16 UTC 2006

Woot, I have a prototype! Please have a look and try it out:

http://www.brunsbug.dreamhosters.com/testing/index.php?title=COM:DR

It utilises these features:
* user-centred: based on what the user wants to do, rather than the
technicalities of how we actually do it
* template-per-request approach
* use of DynamicPageLists to generate on-the-fly lists of open
requests of different types
* super-easy processes for archiving, looking up and reopening debates.

Good for new users because they don't need to know anything about
Commons, they just need to follow the step-by-step instructions.

Good for admins because archiving means changing a category from
'open' to 'closed'.

Good for casual users with CommonsTickers because they will be able to
find deletion debates in one step.

Good for COM:DEL regulars because they can build a personal page to
show them only the debates they're interested in.

Please have a play around with it (you're welcome to create an account
or edit anonymously - it's my test wiki) and let me know what you
think.

cheers
Brianna