[Commons-l] Rethinking [[COM:DEL]]

Florian Straub flominator at gmx.net
Fri Aug 18 15:29:17 UTC 2006

 "Brianna Laugher" <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote on Friday, August 18,
2006 6:26 AM:

> On 18/08/06, Florian Straub <flominator at gmx.net> wrote:

>> Since we have the chance to restore deleted images where should be the
>> problem in deleting everything that isn't clear after 7 or 14 days?
>
> That would create a lot of badwill. Articles have always been
> undeletable, but there's a good reason WP's never had a "delete first,
> discuss later" policy. For one thing, it's often hard to discuss an
> item if you can't see what it is.

I've talking about copyvios and these should be deleted asap. Imagine
someone promises to get a permission and it takes 2 months. That's a lot of
administration overload that will just slow down the progress in solving the
del requests, because we can't close a complete day because of one slow
person or process ...

Regards,

Flo