[Commons-l] Deletion of still-used images

Samuli Lintula samuli at samulilintula.net
Fri Aug 11 11:02:28 UTC 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:04:00 +0300, Alphax (Wikipedia email)
<alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:

> What we really need are links on local projects to the deletion log on
> Commons for the "no such image" pages... there's nothing like a redlink
> to make people ask "Whoa! What happened to that image?", but unless they
> can find a reason (cf. the deletion record on Commons saying that
> something was a copyvio) they're going to get angry.

The red link behaviour is quote awful in my opinion, too. I'd like to
mention, just in case, that CommonsTicker also tells a reason why an image
was deleted. So it's always a good idea to tell the reason when deleting
as file.

--
Ystävällisin terveisin,
Samuli Lintula