[Commons-l] Deletion of still-used images

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 21:53:00 UTC 2006

"Andre Engels" wrote:
> I am willing to offer my services here. I am an admin (even
> bureaucrat) on Commons, but have not been active recently simply
> because there's so much more to do; however, I think I can be of much
> use here because I already have logins on basically all Wikipedia
> languages, so I can act as if single logon already exists. If you can
> inform me of images that should be deleted but currently are not
> because they are still in use, I'd be happy to go around and unlink
> them. Letting me do so would I think be better than having a bot for
> it, because I will go and check whether there is any replacement
> available, and replacing is much harder than delinking to do by bot
> (because one has to check whether the subtitle is still applicable).

You may find my image-unlinking monobook useful. Just link at
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usuario:Platonides/Imagenes.js (it requires
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usuario:Platonides/reemplazar.js).
It will list the used images on the bottom, near the used-templates, with a
link to 'unlink-all'
As always, use freely but please feedback. I haven't tested it but in
Firefox so it may give surprises ;-)