[Commons-l] Deletion of still-used images

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 09:37:10 UTC 2006

2006/8/7, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com>:

> Another easy and obvious way is to get [[User:Orgullobot]] delinking
> for us.  User:Orgullomoore is happy to implement the bot with
> translations and we have a good 40 languages already done. I have
> thought we should wait until the single login is implemented before we
> do this, but it's been 6+ months "coming soon", so I think we should
> go ahead and if single login happens, well good for it.

I am willing to offer my services here. I am an admin (even
bureaucrat) on Commons, but have not been active recently simply
because there's so much more to do; however, I think I can be of much
use here because I already have logins on basically all Wikipedia
languages, so I can act as if single logon already exists. If you can
inform me of images that should be deleted but currently are not
because they are still in use, I'd be happy to go around and unlink
them. Letting me do so would I think be better than having a bot for
it, because I will go and check whether there is any replacement
available, and replacing is much harder than delinking to do by bot
(because one has to check whether the subtitle is still applicable).

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels