[Commons-l] Local laws, trademarks and such

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 11:47:04 UTC 2005

Is Wikimedia bound by local laws regarding images? Eg. if the place
where the photo was taken says I'm not allowed to take a photo, or that
the thing I'm taking a photo of is copyrighted, is the photo allowed to
go on Commons?

Oh, and on a related note: If something vaguely looks like something
which someone else has claimed is trademarked, is it? Does that make the
image "unfree"?

--
Alphax                      |   /"\
Encrypted Email Preferred   |   \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign