[Commons-l] Introducing FlickrLickr

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sun Sep 18 04:35:26 UTC 2005

I've created a frontend and backend for selecting freely licensed photos
from Flickr to be uploaded to the Commons:

	http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:FlickrLickr

Using the Flickr API, I am building a database of free photos from
Flickr, and users can apply for access to the frontend to review slices
of 1,000 photos each. After a slice is finished, I review it and run the
upload bot to upload the selected photos to the Commons. See the above
page for more information.

There are currently almost half a million CC-BY photos on Flickr, and
new ones are uploaded every day. I hope that a systematic effort to
review these photos will greatly enrich the Commons.

Please help by applying for access to a slice of Flickr. Best send me a
private email with a link to your username so I can look at your past
contributions.

Best,

Erik