[Advocacy Advisors] Europeana Fashion Conference - Sharing Fashion Online

Lisette Kalshoven lk at kl.nl
Mon Jan 12 11:10:10 UTC 2015

Hi Dimi,

Europeana Fashion has published a paper in 2013 discussing IPR in fashion (including touching upon design rights and such). I feel like this will be a useful read for the workshop. Something that might also be interesting is that I did a session on sharing together with Sebastiaan ter Burg last year at the ‘re-source: fashion in the digital age’ (http://www.hetnieuweinstituut.nl/re-source-fashion-heritage-digital-age) conference. This was about current fashion, and not necessarily heritage - but it was touched upon.

What I most remember about the session was the hesitation on sharing patterns and such by professionals, and also very much the focus on ‘inspiration’ by others and therefore not needing permission from rights holders. There were some archives attending as well, and there worry about portrait-rights of the models showing the fashion.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Lisette Kalshoven

--