[Advocacy Advisors] The Right to Share Vacation Pictures Online – Press Release Template

Karl Sigfrid karl at wikimedia.be
Sun Feb 15 11:26:38 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have written a template for a press release on the Freedom of Panorama
issue. The message is that the European Parliament is now noticing the
little known restrictions on sharing pictures of buildings and monuments
online. We welcome this and point out that people in general have no
idea that they are not permitted to share their vacation pictures online
when traveling in countries such as France, Italy and Greece. (Thank you
Stevie for your excellent edits!)

If you are interested in spreading the word in your country, or if you
know someone who is, contact me and I will share the template with you.

What you have to do is translate the text. You are, of course, free to
change it as you see fit.

As far as sending out the press release is concerned, I have written a
brief how-to guide at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/EU_policy/how-to/press_release

If you have little time but would like to participate, I'd be happy to
compile a list of media outlets in your country and send out the
translated press release with you as point of reference for journalists
who have follow-up questions.

Hope to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Karl