[Advocacy Advisors] First Visiting Weasel in Brussels

Stevie Benton stevie.benton at wikimedia.org.uk
Wed Apr 8 09:00:51 UTC 2015

Excellent news, good luck Nemo!

On 7 April 2015 at 11:06, Nicole Ebber <nicole.ebber at wikimedia.de> wrote:

> Congratulations, Nemo and Dimi! Great to hear that the idea of
> Visiting Weasels (I love this title) is filled with life. Good luck,
> you two.
>
> Best,
> Nicole
>
> On 27 March 2015 at 16:35, Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov
> <dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello, everybody!
> >
> > I am very happy to announce that Federico (user:nemo) will be our first
> > Visiting Weasel in Brussels.
> >
> > He will be in Brussels in the week 13-17 April, just weeks ahead of the
> > Legal Affairs Committee vote on the Implementation of the InfoSoc
> Directive
> > Report ("Reda Report"), which is scheduled for 8 May.
> >
> > His job will be to concentrate mainly on Italian MEPs and round up
> support
> > for PDGov and FoP, which are both part of the first draft but now under
> > considerable attack. The first might get deleted altogether, while for
> the
> > latter there is proposal to include a non-commercial restriction.
> >
> > Nemo has been very active so far in our advocacy efforts, working on our
> > strategy, monitoring and contacting decision-makers in Brussels and
> Italy.
> > We are already working on filling his schedule.
> >
> > More details on the amendment proposals and committee opinions next week
> in
> > the monitoring report ;)
> >
> > Have a great weekend!
> > Dimi

> --
> Nicole Ebber
> Vorstandsreferentin Internationale Beziehungen
> Adviser to the ED, International Relations

> Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de
>
> Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch an der Menge allen
> Wissens frei teilhaben kann. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
>
> Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.
> V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts
> Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig
> anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin,
> Steuernummer 27/681/51985.

Stevie Benton
Head of External Relations
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 20 7065 0993 / +44 (0) 7803 505 173
@StevieBenton

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

*Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*