[Advocacy Advisors] Wikipedia Zero specifically excepted from ban of zero-rating services in Chile

Jens Best jens.best at wikimedia.de
Tue Sep 23 05:18:15 UTC 2014

Listen I'm doing this on a volunteer level, I'm not taking orders.

When the foundation wants to destroy Wikipedias reputation by forcing a net
neutrality violating project on the community in the end I don't care -
it's the reputation of Wikimedia which is destroyed not mine.

The arguments are on the table for months. Reality is unfolding. Ignore
reality or don't.
Read the Wikipedia article on net neutrality and than ask yourself for what
questionable reasons a misguided project is run by the foundation and if
stopping and rethinking the original purpose instead of ignorantly
continuing would be the better path to walk.

Some people in the Foundation are doing whatever they wanna do, obviously
arguments don't matter, so reality has to teach them via the consequences
which will appear because of these ignorant behaviour.

Pushing Wikimedia out of the alliances of the civil movement which is
taking care of a free and open web maybe isn't a good idea. But then again
some people always need the hard way to learn.

I spent enough volunteer time of trying to explain, but fighting ignorance
is nothing I will spent my precious time with.

Jens