[Advocacy Advisors] Fwd: Updates from the Intellectual Property Office

Stevie Benton stevie.benton at wikimedia.org.uk
Tue Sep 2 11:19:33 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I was fortunate enough to meet with the UK's Intellectual Property Office
before I went on leave. Ros Lynch, their Head of Copyright, was quite
sympathetic to our movement and mission and I believe we have the basis of
a good working relationship in place now. She also arranged for a colleague
to pass on some information on the latest activities of the IPO, which is
below. The information about the Orphan Works Licensing Scheme may be of
particular interest.

Thanks and regards,

Stevie