[Advocacy Advisors] CETA [was Re: EU Monitoring Report - September 2014]

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 09:07:01 UTC 2014

Hi Luis,

A good (recommended to me) summary has been released by the Canadian Centre
of Policy alternatives. [1]

Here in Brussels, I am sitting currently on a desk next to the
Trans-Atlantic Consumer Dialogue [2] who follow international trade
agreements from an IPR perspective. They've been very helpful in making it
possible for me keeping to keep an eye on this. It is a structure in which
organisations like the EFF and BEUC (European Consumer Protection
Association) are participating. Among EDRi members, the most active
organisation following this right now is probably Bits of Freedom from the
Netherlands. Generally, I would expect any actions to be formed around
these actors.

I will make sure I keep you up to date about things in the pipeline.

Dimi

[1]
https://www.policyalternatives.ca/sites/default/files/uploads/publications/National%20Office/2014/09/Making_Sense_of_the_CETA.pdf
[2]http://tacd.org/