[Advocacy Advisors] EU Policy Portal on Meta-Wiki

Stevie Benton stevie.benton at wikimedia.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 11:05:36 UTC 2014

Hi Dimi,

Thanks for the background - sounds like an excellent event! Best of luck :)

Speak soon,

Stevie

On 25 June 2014 08:39, Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov <
dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com> wrote:

>> What's the Belgrade event? Is that for welcoming new people to the fold?
>>

> Hi Stevie,
>
> Yes, it is about getting new volunteers/user-groups/activists on board.
> Basically a networking and workshop thing.
>
> The idea is to reach out to groups of volunteers/activits in countries
> which haven't been very present on the EU level so far.
>
> At the most basic level this means organising a two-day meet-up and
> telling people how they can become active and help out with things that
> interest them. It would be best to have even more organisations on board
> and then everyone can cover a topic of expertise. For instance, if you're
> interested in copyright reform, you talk to Wikimedia and if you're
> interested in data protection, you talk to EDRi and so forth.
>
> EDRi has been granted a small amount of money from the WebWeWant
> Foundation, [1] so I am helping them run a pilot in Belgrade and invovling
> Wikimedia Srbija in it.
>
> Dimi
>
> [1]http://107.170.93.53/projects/projects/view/103

Stevie Benton
Head of External Relations
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 20 7065 0993 / +44 (0) 7803 505 173
@StevieBenton

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

*Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*