[Advocacy Advisors] Study request - OHIM

Laura Hale laura at fanhistory.com
Thu Feb 27 14:46:18 UTC 2014

Hi,

If you haven't read Amanda Hess's piece at
http://www.psmag.com/navigation/health-and-behavior/women-arent-welcome-internet-72170/,
it is well worth reading.  In it, she makes a very compelling case
that
the EFF's position on privacy is problematic in terms of protecting
potential abusers private information and in effect enabling abuse.   There
needs to be a really good exploration of the relationship between the EFF
and the WMF in terms of advocacy going forward because of this issue.  With
a goal of the WMF to increase user participation, aligning with an
organization that protects the privacy abusers may not be one of the best
stategic prioritities.

Sincerely,
Laura Hale

--